A labyrinth is NOT a maze. A labyrinth is a walking path:
· without branching or dead ends.
· with an unambiguous route to the center and back and presents no navigational challenge.
· with a few turns and a peaceful destination that can act as the labyrinth’s center, inviting users to pause for a moment before returning down the same path.
· adolescents, elderly, learning-challenged, groups, individuals, differently-abled
· stress relief, creativity, community building, prayer, healing, bereavement, concerts, spoken word
· workshops, open walks, therapy, monthly events, dance, yoga, weddings
Guidelines for the walk
Quiet your mind and become aware of your breath. Allow yourself to find the pace your body wants to go. Since the path is two-way, those going in will meet those coming out. You may “pass” people or let others step around you. Do what feels natural. Walk the labyrinth with an open mind and an open heart.
Like our own journeys, the path of the labyrinth is winding, and, at a glance, it’s hard to determine where the path will lead you next. One thing, however, is certain, both with the labyrinth and in life: If you follow the path, whether it is a path of stone or the path of your soul, you will ultimately be led to the center.
Labyrinths in Manitoba and Canada
The labyrinth locator website lists:
- 340 labyrinths in Canada with sizes ranging from 25 to 50 feet in diameter.
- 12 labyrinths in Manitoba with common sizes 18 to 40 feet in diameter.
Winnipeg Drop-in Walks
- St. Peter’s Anglican Church, 755 Elm at Grant, Winnipeg, MB 488-8093 Mondays: [with Creative Retirement] 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 noon – Labyrinth walk Thursdays: 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. – Labyrinth walk
- St. Catherine Anglican Church, 3202 Bird’s Hill Road, Bird’s Hill, MB 663-8230 First Monday of each month: 7:00 p.m.
Outdoor, Seasonal Labyrinths in Manitoba:
- Forest Lakeshore Labyrinth, Belair, MB – May to Oct , 943-2343
- Mountain Garden Labyrinth, Clear Lake, MB – June to Sept,  848-7442
- Crescent Fort Rouge United Church, Winnipeg, MB 475-6011
- The Lakeside Aerie Bed & Breakfast, Erickson, MB  848-2010 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
 Manitoba Labyrinth Network https://sites.ualberta.ca/~cbidwell/SITES/lab-MB.htm
Ad below this line: